The Portland Cement Association (PCA) has announced six bridge projects as the winners in its 2020 Concrete Bridge Awards.
The Awards of Excellence from the 17th Biennial Concrete Bridge Awards Competition is co-sponsored by PCA and Roads & Bridges Media. The competition, instituted in 1988, recognizes excellence in design and construction of concrete bridges.
The winning bridges were judged in recognition of creativity and skillfulness in the structural, functional, aesthetic, sustainable, and economic design of concrete bridges. Consideration was given for innovative construction methods, including accelerated bridge construction.
"These bridges were chosen for exemplary design and construction going above and beyond the call of duty to create a quality, long-lasting product that is functional and aesthetically pleasing," PCA said in a statement. "Congratulations to all involved for their achievement. We look forward to your participation in the 2022 PCA Concrete Bridge competition!"
The 2020 Award of Excellence recipients include the following:
- SR 90 (Tamiami Trail)—presented to Florida DOT, Stantec Consulting Services Inc., Condotte America Inc., Super-Mix Concrete, and Florida Concrete Products
- Sarah Mildred Long Bridge—presented to Maine DOT, New Hampshire DOT, FIGG, Hardesty & Hanover, Cianbro Corp., Redimix Companies, and Unistress Corp.
- Lesner Bridge—presented to City of Virginia Beach, FIGG, McLean Contracting Company, Titan America, and Atlantic Metrocast Inc.
- Marc Basnight Bridge—presented to North Carolina DOT, HDR, PCL Civil Constructors, Hatchell Concrete Inc., Commercial Ready Mix Products Inc., and Coastal Precast Systems Inc.
- Technology Corridor—presented to Utah DOT, Josh Sletten, Ames Construction, Wadsworth Construction, and Forterra
- Grand Avenue Bridge—presented to Colorado DOT Region 3, RS&H Inc., Bridgescape LLC, Granite, RLW, and United Companies
SOURCE: Portland Cement Association (PCA)