With more than 125,000 people in the technical workforce trained, TC3’s training can impact you and your organization. Both of these courses are available at no cost and are a part of TC3’s 120-course curriculum.
This is the first course in the Guardrail Series, which also includes “Installation and Inspection of New Guardrails” and “Guardrail Maintenance and Repair.”
This two-hour course provides an introduction to guardrail systems and explains the components of a guardrail and how barriers are used. It also covers industry requirements and standards for guardrails, as well as how they have evolved over time. Fundamental guardrail concepts, roadside topography and clear zones and length of need are also defined and discussed.
After completing this course, participants will be able to:
- explain the purpose of guardrail systems;
- describe the components of a guardrail system;
- describe the information that can be found in common guardrail references (NCHRP 350, MASH, etc.);
- explain why it is necessary to update guardrail standards and performance requirements over time;
- describe the clear zone concept;
- list the factors that can impact the clear zone distance; and
- define length of need.
E-construction is the collection, review, approval and distribution of highway construction contract documents in a paperless environment. This two-hour training provides an overview of what e-construction is, including information on the construction processes using e-construction, the benefits of e-construction, potential obstacles and solutions and how to get started.
After completing this module, participants will be able to:
- define e-construction;
- explain how e-construction impacts the construction process;
- list the benefits of using e-construction;
- describe some key considerations related to e-construction implementation;
- give four examples of how other states are successfully using e-construction; and
- list the steps for getting started with e-construction.