The Tennessee Department of Transportation (TDOT) has awarded the I-65 widening project from near State Route 25 to near State Route 109 in Robertson County to Jones Bros. LLC.
The 9.68-mile widening project just north of Nashville includes a long list of improvements:
- One additional travel lane in each direction (6 total lanes)
- Replace & widen 10 bridges (5 mainline bridge pairs)
- Replace four overpasses (Byrum Chapel Rd., Highland Rd., widen SR 25 & SR 52 to 3 lanes)
- 17 retaining walls
- Convert the NB weigh station into truck parking
- Intelligent Transportation System (ITS) facilities throughout the corridor
“I-65 is a major north to south corridor serving many communities,” TDOT Commissioner Clay Bright said in a statement. “This work will address congestion, improve safety and traffic operations, and accommodate current and future traffic demands.”
Highway construction will begin within the month and has a completion date of on or before December 2025. TDOT says there are financial incentives to finish early and penalties for any delays.
SOURCE: Tennessee DOT