The ergonomic, automotive style operator station helps you work comfortably and productively all day long. Select the configuration that meets your needs - Canopy, Deluxe Cab or Deluxe Cab with air conditioning. Features include:
- Adjustable air suspension seat (standard)
- Excellent visibility over the hood
- Easy-to-read gauge cluster
- Ample legroom
- Automatic Engine Speed Control to conserve fuel
- Storage compartments for tools and belongings
The optional Ride Control System smoothes the ride in all conditions, including load and carry, highway roading or simply moving around the job site. The result is increased operator comfort, reduced operator fatigue and improved material retention.
The pattern selector switch, located in the cab, lets you change from an excavator to a backhoe control pattern simply by pressing a button. This lets you use the pattern you are most comfortable with so you can be more productive.
Ergonomic excavator-style joystick controls provide precise control with low effort. Thumb rollers provide convenient, fingertip control of auxiliary functions, eliminating floor mounted foot pedals.
The Cat C4.4 ACERT™ engine provides cleaner, quieter operation while delivering superior performance and durability. The engine meets U.S. EPA Tier 4 Interim and EU Stage IIIB emission requirements. The engine also features:
- Passive regeneration system requiring no operator interaction
- Long life diesel particulate filter
- Improved fuel efficiency
The standard power shuttle transmission provides four speeds forward and reverse. Hydraulically shifted clutches allow on-the-go direction and travel speed shifts. The optional auto-shift transmission matches gear with grade and load conditions.
- Larger torque converter delivers up to 14% greater pushing power, increased aggressiveness in hard bank and faster roading and hill climbing.
- Hydraulic proportional control valves deliver smooth speed and directional shifts.
- Four Wheel Drive option improves mobility and loader performance in poor underfoot conditions and can be activated on-the-go.
- Maximum roading speed of 40 km/h (25 mph) improves travel time between job site
The excavator-style boom is built for optimum performance and durability. The curved design provides added clearance when digging over obstacles or loading trucks. The narrow boom enhances the viewing area to the bucket and the trench throughout the operating range. More robust swing casting and double clevis design improves durability and reliability.
Serrated edges on the stick provide improved material clamping for clearing and demolition applications. The optional extendible stick (E-stick) increases reach and dig depth by approximately 1.1 m (3.5 ft).
Thumb mounting provisions are standard on every Cat Backhoe Loader for added machine versatility. Cat hydraulic thumbs are available for increased versatility. Mechanical thumbs are also available through your Cat dealer.
New front loader arms deliver more reach, dump height and breakout. Choose the loader linkage that suits your application:
- Single Tilt loader linkage (standard) features strong lift and breakout forces for solid performance in backfilling and truck loading applications with pin-on buckets.
- Integrated Toolcarrier (IT) loader linkage (optional) provides high breakout forces with parallel lift for efficient loading and material handling. The versatile integrated toolcarrier comes with a standard hydraulic quick coupler and can use a wide range of Cat Work Tools for a variety of applications. The single lever IT loader control provides fine modulation of hydraulic work tools. A thumb roller operates auxiliary hydraulic functions on work tools such as multi purpose buckets, brooms and other attachments.