In asphalt paving, material segregation may occur when the material is being loaded from the plant, transported and/or dumped into a material feeder. Larger material tends to move to the outer sections, while smaller material settles in the middle of the flow, which can lead to major issues.
Dynapac’s MF2500CS IMIX material transfer vehicle (MTV) combines three strategically positioned devices: a conical auger in the hopper, a flow divider in the conveyor, and a mixing system at the end of the main conveyor. The augers push large particles towards the middle of the conveyor and into the main flow. Streams of material are mixed and blended by the mixing system before leaving the main conveyor.
“It’s more efficient because every stone is touched and incorporated into the mix,” said Sonja Böttcher, product manager, Dynapac. “The unique arrangement equalizes temperatures within the mix, and that results in consistent and long-lasting road quality.”
Also unique to the 4,000-tons-per-hour capacity MF2500CS is the rubber-belt feeder that’s mounted directly on metal stiffeners. The design allows longer intervals for belt changes, higher reliability and long uptime for reduced total operating costs.
Additional MF2500CS productivity and efficiency benefits include:
- The ability to transfer a variety of materials, including asphalt, roller compacted concrete, aggregate and sand.
- A cleaning time of less than 30 minutes.
- A hydraulically liftable operator platform for outstanding visibility and a dashboard with a l7-inch screen that displays vital feeder parameters.
- Investment flexibility with the ability to attach the SW6500 SwingApp conveyor for long side reach to pave over barriers and in-line or echelon paving applications.
- Distance Assist that automatically maintains a set distance between feeder and paver.
“Because it’s easy to operate, you only need one person to run the MF2500CS, and no second person on the ground,” said Böttcher. “Everything is controlled from the dashboard. The operator can adjust the seat to best meet their needs and see what they’re paving from both sides. This MTV combines outstanding production, low cost of ownership and outstanding versatility. We encourage anyone who uses an MTV to see for themselves by contacting their Dynapac dealer.”