With the announcement last week, PennDOT said its crews are still available to perform critical functions and emergency maintenance as needed during the suspension. However, all PennDOT District and County maintenance offices are closed.
Several projects in PennDOT’s northwest region District 1 are affected by the suspension, which serves Crawford, Erie, Forest, Mercer, Venango, and Warren counties.
In accordance with Governor Tom Wolf’s mitigation guidance, PennDOT construction officials worked with contractors to secure construction sites and temporarily halt work for ongoing projects in the state, including the following:
- I-90 Reconstruction in Erie County;
- Route 20 Bridge Rehabilitation in Erie County;
- Cambridge Springs (Route 6) Bridge Replacement in Crawford County;
- Route 27 Paving in Crawford County; and
- Shenango Valley Roundabout in Mercer County.
Start dates previously announced for projects slated to get underway in March and early April have been delayed. These projects include the following:
- Route 8 Reconstruction in Venango County; and
- Peach Street Pedestrian Improvements in Erie County.