The National Asphalt Pavement Association (NAPA) unveiled at a ceremony during the association’s 65th Annual Meeting in Maui, Hawaii, its annual Quality in Construction award winners.
As in years past, Roads & Bridges here brings you a look at some of the winners. Though NAPA bestows these awards on a great many individual projects and contractors, we have chosen the following as good examples of asphalt success stories.
Of all winners, 2019 NAPA Chairman John Harper said, “The asphalt pavement industry is committed to building high-quality projects that deliver superior performance to the traveling public. All contractors’ projects earning a Quality in Construction award are measured against best practices designed to live up to that commitment. Earning the Quality in Construction Award demonstrates that [these contractors have] met or exceeded these rigorous standards.”
A perusal of all awarded projects can be found at www.asphaltpavement.org/awards.
Roads & Bridges focused on 11 of the winning projects, which are listed below. Each project name is linked to its corresponding page in the March 2020 digital edition of Roads & Bridges.
- Box Canyon Road, California
- Concours Club race track, Opa-locka, Florida
- Highway 2, Decatur City, Iowa
- I-469, Fort Wayne, Indiana
- 45 Southwest Toll, Austin, Texas
- Cincinnati Dayton Road, Butler County, Ohio
- Rabbit Creek Road, Anchorage, Alaska
- S.R. 5A, St. Johns County, Florida
- U.S. 2, Spokane, Washington
- U.S. 45, Shawano County, Wisconsin
- SH 49, Green Lake County, Wisconsin