January 27, 2021 | 12 p.m Eastern | 11 a.m. Central & 3 p.m. Eastern | 2 p.m. Central
Each session offers a professional development hour credit. You can register for FREE here.
Session 1: How Precast Prestressed Concrete Advances Bridge Design & Construction
In session 1, a pair of experts from Modjeski and Masters will showcase and discuss recent advancements in how precast concrete is being used on modern bridge projects. Recent project experiences will be featured to demonstrate how creative designs using precast, prestressed concrete enhances the success of numerous bridge projects. The team will walk through design concepts that are available to designers, owners, and contractors to assist them in determining appropriate solutions for precast substructures and superstructures. Additionally, the means and methods in fabrication and construction will be featured, along with design concepts that are currently being proposed for future projects.
Webinar attendees will learn:
- How precasting various bridge elements has a positive impact on the constructability of a project
- How enhanced constructability has reduced construction cost and project schedules
- Designs and resources available, and how to utilize these elements on bridge projects
- Benefits to precasting such as: greater project safety; better materials; quality control and finishes; and enhanced aesthetics
John Holt, PE
Senior Project Manager
Modjeski & Masters
Senior Technical Advisor
Modjeski & Masters
Session 2: Concrete Overlays: The Minnesota Experience
Session 2 offers a not-to-be-missed presentation: a keynote speaker from the concrete industry will bring his 20+ years of experience to this session’s audience on the subject of Concrete Overlays as demonstrated with continued success in the state of Minnesota - a state with one of the most challenging climates in the U.S.
This session will cover the following key aspects of concrete overlays:
- Traditional unbonded overlay (7”+ thick concrete over concrete) performance
- Evolution of thin (4”-6”) overlays of asphalt pavements and their benefits
- Concrete overlay tools
- Concrete overlay experiments at MnROAD (actual case studies)
- Future of concrete overlays
- Opening to traffic - benefits, timelines, etc.
Matthew J. Zeller, P.E.
Concrete Paving Association of Minnesota (CPAM)