This bridge, completed in December of 2003, also had a lot of action underneath. The 1,315-ft span crossed over 33 active railroad tracks, calling for tight coordinating and scheduling. The job also consisted of extensive utility relocations and the identification and abatement of hazardous materials. Total cost: $31 million.
Doremus Avenue Bridge Replacement, Newark, N.J.
- BRIDGE CONSTRUCTION: N.J. bridge rehab project completion delayed to replace retaining walls
- Photos: U.S. 51 Coldwater River Bridge replacement, Tate County, Miss.
- Cathodic system successful in MoDOT’s I-270 Marine Avenue overpass
- Quick rebuild of the Page Avenue Bridge in St. Louis
- Memorial park rededication marks Harrison Avenue Bridge project completion in Scranton, Pa.