A major piece of interchange work on I-25 at Arapahoe Road in Denver, Colo., is set to begin May 2 and last until 2018. Colorado Department of Transportation (CDOT) officials say the project will ultimately relieve congestion and increase safety in the area.
The existing partial cloverleaf interchange will receive the follow facelift:
- Reconstruction of the I-25 bridge over Arapahoe Road and addition of three through lanes on Arapahoe Road under bridge with a single barrier separating east/west traffic;
- Realignment of the frontage road in the northeast quadrant of the interchange;
- Construction of an additional westbound lane on Arapahoe Road from Yosemite Street to Greenwood Plaza Boulevard;
- Widening of Yosemite Street both north and south of Arapahoe Road;
- Construction of two noise walls: one along Yosemite Street south of Arapahoe Road to Xanthia Street, and another along the south side of Arapahoe Road from Uinta Street to Yosemite Street; and
- Addition of triple left turns from the I-25 off ramps.
CDOT is sponsoring a series of open houses to inform the public and aid in disseminating their traffic management strategy.