From historic building restoration and trail improvement to multimillion dollar roads, bridges and dams, the American Public Works Association (APWA) presents Projects of the Year awards annually, recognizing management and administration excellence of public works projects. The awards highlight alliances between managing agencies, contractors, consultants and their cooperative achievements.
Awards will be presented at the 2009 APWA International Public Works Congress & Exposition held Sept. 13-16 in Columbus, Ohio. Detailed information about each project, including agency and company contact information, is available upon request.
Winners of the 2009 Public Works Projects of the Year Award include:
Disaster or Emergency Construction/Repair
- Taylor Road Bridge & Chico Creek Restoration
- Interstate 580/880 Emergency Repair
- Interstate 5 Big Fix – The Boat Section
- I-35W Bridge
- Bradford Beach Stormwater Treatment
- Shoreline Recycling and Transfer Station
- Forester Creek Improvements
- Peoria Butler Drive Water Reclamation Facility
- Ohio Street: Brick Street Reconstruction
- Cama Beach State Park
- Rogue River Trail Phase II
- Bob Kerrey Pedestrian Bridge
- Fontana Park
- Roosevelt Community Center
- Muni Metro East Maintenance Facility
- Beavercreek Road Improvements Project
- Mission Road Bridge over Rock Creek
- Oregon 38: Elk Creek – Hardscrabble Creek – Bundle 401
- Sprinter Rail Project
For more information about the projects or award recipients including detailed press releases, contact Kevin Clark, [email protected] or (816) 595-5230.