The American Concrete Pavement Association (ACPA) has named 28 recipients of its 31st Annual “Excellence in Concrete Pavements” awards, which recognize quality concrete pavements in the U.S. and Canada.
The award-winning projects were paved by 23 different contractors. Projects are located in 14 states or regions represented by 12 ACPA-affiliated Chapters and State paving associations. Winners were determined by 56 professionals who devoted their time and expertise to serve as judges.
The program recognizes contractors, engineers, and project owners who completed outstanding projects.
Some of the winners include:
Concrete Pavement Restoration
- Gold Award—Runway 17R/35L Complex Pavement Rehabilitation, Denver International Airport, Colorado
- Silver Award—State Road 37 Restoration Project, Mitchell, Indiana
- Gold Award—Ryan Road Reconstruction, Allen County, Indiana
- Silver Award—Southern Hills Development, Davidsonville County, Maryland
Divided Highways (Rural)
- Gold Award—Interstate 39/90, Madison, Wisconsin, to the Illinois State Line
- Silver Award—I-74 Road Reconstruction, Decatur, Franklin & Ripley Counties, Indiana
Divided Highways (Urban)
- Gold Award—Interstate 210 Highway Rehabilitation, Los Angeles County, California
- Silver Award—Interstate 40 and John Kilpatrick Turnpike Extension Interchange, Yukon, Oklahoma
Municipal Streets & Intersections (<30K SY)
- Gold Award—22nd Ave. Reconstruction Phase 1, Brookings, South Dakota
- Silver Award—Santa Fe Ave. Downtown Streetscape (Mulberry to Elm), Salina, Kansas
Municipal Streets & Intersections (>30K SY)
- Gold Award—Reconstruction of Belknap Street (USH 2), Superior, Wisconsin
- Silver Award—Arrowhead Parkway – Phase 1 Improvements, Sioux Falls, South Dakota
- Gold Award—US-169 Reconstruction, Allen County, Kansas
- Silver Award—U.S. 287 Passing Lanes South of Lamar, Colorado
SOURCE: American Concrete Pavement Association