Articulated Haulers - 2010 Silver Winner - Contractor's Choice Awards
Volvo’s articulated haulers have always had a world-class operator’s environment. On a good work site, the operator is happy and effective, which in turn means better results. A40E FS has the best working environment in its class thanks to the Volvo Care Cab and the FS-system, giving a minimum of vibrations.
- Powerful and accurate steering for safe operation and high productivity.
Excellent Operator Environment
- A spacious and comfortable cab with centrally positioned operator contributes to high productivity throughout the shift.
- Ergonomically positioned controls, air conditioning, air suspension seat with tilt/ telescopic steering wheel, wide angle forward view for reduced operator fatigue and high safety
Volvo Drive Train
Correctly matched Volvo-designed components, specifically developed for hauler applications. Low power losses and long service life.
- 9-speed transmission gives smooth shifting and high power at all times.
6x4 and 6x6 with Five Operating Modes
- Easy to use drive combinations for every type of operating condition, reduces fuel consumption, driveline and tire wear and increases off-road mobility.
Exhaust Brake and Retarder
- Easy to operate powerful retardation in combination with wet-disc brakes reduces wear and operating cost.
- Purpose built with 100% dog clutch type diff-lock.
- Power and fuel saving, hydraulically driven, side mounted variable speed fan consumes power only when needed.
- Proven in-line drop-box provides high ground clearance, gives stability and low internal power losses.
- Grouped engine filters and remote mounted drains reduce service time. Contronic System electronically monitors fluid levels and systems for ease of service and trouble shooting.
- No daily or weekly service.
- Hydraulic full suspension with automatic leveling and stabilizer provides excellent offroad performance promoting higher speeds for improved productivity, safety and operator comfort.
- High chute and tipping joint with 70º or greater dump angle promotes load retention and ejection.
- Variable displacement piston pumps consume power only when required.