Bill Wilson is the editorial director of ROADS & BRIDGES magazine and has been covering the industry since 1999. He has won seven Robert F. Boger Awards for editorial excellence, including three in 2011. He also was the creator of the Top 10, Contractor's Choice Awards and Recycling Awards platforms, as well as ROADS & BRIDGES Live.
New poll: The Washington state Senate rejected a proposal that would have raised the gas tax 10.5 cents and generated $10 billion. Senators would like the bill to focus more on congestion relief. Do you agree?
Blog Entry July 01, 2013
- New poll: A bill that would have allowed solo drivers in southern Calif. to use car-pool lanes during off-peak hours was rejected, even though it is allowed in northern Calif. The governor cited environmental and freeway-use concerns. Do you agree?
- New poll: An early report on I-405 in Washington says the general-purpose lanes have been more congested since HOV tolling went into effect in September. DOT officials believe the sample size of the report is too small. Do you agree?
- New poll: Calif. Gov. Jerry Brown vetoed a bill that would have turned a carpool lane on I-80 to a normal one during a.m. and p.m. rush hours. He claimed the bill goes in the wrong direction. Do you agree?
- New poll: Missouri voters rejected a proposed sales-tax increase that would have generated $5.4 billion in road and bridge funding over the next 10 years. Are you surprised it was turned down?
- R&B Poll: Are you suprised the Senate rejected a portion of President Barack Obama's jobs bill that would have given the transportation industry up to $60 billion?