New poll: The Washington State DOT has discovered an 8-in.-diam. pipe that blocked the tunnel boring machine digging the S.R. 99 tunnel beneath Seattle. Do you think this is the beginning of unforeseeable delays that will drive up the cost of the tunnel?
Blog Entry January 06, 2014
- New poll: All of the lights in the Big Dig tunnels will be replaced after it was discovered that a design/manufacturer defect led to premature corrosion. Is this the last of the major issues stemming from this project?
- New poll: There is now a plan in place to fix the massive S.R. 99 tunnel-boring machine, which has been at a standstill since January. Do you think there will be any more major delays during the tunnel boring?
- TUNNEL CONSTRUCTION: WSDOT finds pipe might be blocking S.R. 99 tunnel machine
- TUNNELS: Seattle’s S.R. 99 project could be delayed for months
- TUNNEL CONSTRUCTION: S.R. 99 TBM to resume digging under Seattle in March 2015