Bill Wilson is the editorial director of ROADS & BRIDGES magazine and has been covering the industry since 1999. He has won seven Robert F. Boger Awards for editorial excellence, including three in 2011. He also was the creator of the Top 10, Contractor's Choice Awards and Recycling Awards platforms, as well as ROADS & BRIDGES Live.
New poll: Two senators are ready to propose a 12-cent increase in the federal gas tax, and the support could be bipartisan. Do you think lawmakers are starting to see the light on this issue?
Blog Entry June 23, 2014
- New poll: Which has a better chance of passing to help transportation funding in Iowa: a 10-cent increase in the gas tax, a tax on marijuana and fireworks or earmarking 2% of the state general fund?
- New poll: According to the U.S. PIRG Education Fund, an increasing number of young Americans are making the decision to drive less. Some state lawmakers are saying a shift in strategy, one that supports transit and bike lanes, is needed. Do you agree?
- New poll: Va. Gov. Bob McDonnell unveiled a plan to wipe out the state gas tax in favor of a.8% increase in a sales tax dedicated to transportation. Do you think Va. lawmakers will approve the move?
- New poll: Despite the passage of the FAST Act, many state DOTs are still hurting for highway funding. Can we expect to see another round of state gas tax and user fee increases?
- New poll: At the end of 2014, worker compensation claims on the Alaskan Way Viaduct hit nearly $1 million. Is this to be expected with a project of this magnitude, or do you see an issue?