Bill Wilson is the editorial director of ROADS & BRIDGES magazine and has been covering the industry since 1999. He has won seven Robert F. Boger Awards for editorial excellence, including three in 2011. He also was the creator of the Top 10, Contractor's Choice Awards and Recycling Awards platforms, as well as ROADS & BRIDGES Live.
New poll: There is a proposal in Wisconsin that would require approval from local officials before a roundabout can be constructed. Are you in favor of this measure?
Blog Entry November 02, 2015
- New poll: The Illinois House has approved legislation that would require motorists to obey school-zone speed limits whenever a child is present—not just during school hours. Do you agree with this measure?
- NEW POLL: A recent study found that roundabout intersections are safer, but Americans are reluctant to embrace them. Would you be opposed to seeing more roundabout intersections knowing they are the safer option compared to traditional intersections?
- New poll: Officials at the local level in Kane County, Ill., are willing to charge a toll to cross a bridge that is not part of the interstate or a state route. Do you agree?
- New poll: Nevada officials are considering a P3 for Project Neon that carries an “availability payment” option. NDOT will depend on funding from the feds to pay back the road builder when certain milestones are hit. Do you foresee any payment problems?
- NEW POLL: Currently, automated vehicles are allowed on state roadways without any restrictions or requirement for a special license under the guise that doing so is legal because the law doesn’t say otherwise. Do you agree with this?