Bill Wilson is the editorial director of ROADS & BRIDGES magazine and has been covering the industry since 1999. He has won seven Robert F. Boger Awards for editorial excellence, including three in 2011. He also was the creator of the Top 10, Contractor's Choice Awards and Recycling Awards platforms, as well as ROADS & BRIDGES Live.
New poll: There is now a plan in place to fix the massive S.R. 99 tunnel-boring machine, which has been at a standstill since January. Do you think there will be any more major delays during the tunnel boring?
Blog Entry April 07, 2014
- NEW POLL: The FAA estimates 7 million drones in the skies by 2020, 500K of which will be there for “commercial” purposes. What if any impact will could this have on traffic management and congestion-related issues?
- New poll: The Washington State DOT has discovered an 8-in.-diam. pipe that blocked the tunnel boring machine digging the S.R. 99 tunnel beneath Seattle. Do you think this is the beginning of unforeseeable delays that will drive up the cost of the tunnel?
- TUNNEL CONSTRUCTION: S.R. 99 tunneler details plan to fix Bertha
- ROADS/TUNNELS: Pit to fix S.R. 99 tunneler taking longer than expected
- TUNNELS: Seattle’s S.R. 99 project could be delayed for months