Bill Wilson is the editorial director of ROADS & BRIDGES magazine and has been covering the industry since 1999. He has won seven Robert F. Boger Awards for editorial excellence, including three in 2011. He also was the creator of the Top 10, Contractor's Choice Awards and Recycling Awards platforms, as well as ROADS & BRIDGES Live.
New poll: States are holding National Work-Zone Awareness Week events. How effective do you think these campaigns are in terms of getting motorists to slow down in construction areas?
Blog Entry March 30, 2015
- New poll: The state of Maine is now using variable message signs to warn motorists about the possibility of bald eagles being out on the road. How effective are these warnings?
- New poll: Due to a shortage of funds, Wisconsin announced it is putting major projects on hold, but is assuring the motoring public they will still be completed on time. Do you think these projects will hit their deadline dates?
- New poll: The Senate and House will go into conference to discuss a new multiyear highway bill next week. Are you more encouraged something will get done than you were two weeks ago?
- New poll: Several states may lose federal highway funding for not requiring interstate truckers to provide proof they are healthy to operate a truck. Do you think these states will implement the new rule by the Jan. 30 deadline?
- New poll: House Speaker John Boehner will be stepping down this month. Do you think a change in House leadership will help pass a long-term highway bill?