Bill Wilson is the editorial director of ROADS & BRIDGES magazine and has been covering the industry since 1999. He has won seven Robert F. Boger Awards for editorial excellence, including three in 2011. He also was the creator of the Top 10, Contractor's Choice Awards and Recycling Awards platforms, as well as ROADS & BRIDGES Live.
NEW POLL: Speculation has it that the application of autonomous vehicles in major cities will eventually make the need for mass transit largely irrelevant. True, false, or apples & oranges?
- NEW POLL: The Nielsville Bridge in Minnesota, which has a large hole in the bridge deck, was denied TIGER grant money. Officials were told usually first-time applicants are rejected. Should they have made an exception?
- NEW POLL: VP Joe Biden told an audience in Detroit that transportation development is the best way for populations to break the cycle of poverty. True or false?
- New poll: A seven-way intersection in East Longmeadow, Mass., is in the Guinness Book of World Records for being the most dangerous in the U.S. It averages an accident a day. It has been this way for years. Are you surprised the problem has not been fixed
- NEW POLL: Federal Transit Administration data has shown that mass transit systems across the U.S. are underperforming, contributing to increased traffic congestion. What will it take for transit to become a widespread alternative to single-car driving?
- New poll: There is now a plan in place to fix the massive S.R. 99 tunnel-boring machine, which has been at a standstill since January. Do you think there will be any more major delays during the tunnel boring?