Bill Wilson is the editorial director of ROADS & BRIDGES magazine and has been covering the industry since 1999. He has won seven Robert F. Boger Awards for editorial excellence, including three in 2011. He also was the creator of the Top 10, Contractor's Choice Awards and Recycling Awards platforms, as well as ROADS & BRIDGES Live.
New poll: The Reason Foundation continued its push for value-added tolling, releasing a framework for the system that calls for safeguards that would eliminate state/agency abuse. Do you think this is possible?
Blog Entry March 31, 2014
- FUNDING: Reason Fdn. calls for value-added tolling
- New poll: Last week, the House passed a continuing resolution that calls for cuts in MAP-21 transportation spending levels. Do you think there is a real threat that federal money for road and bridge work could get cut this year?
- NEW POLL: A Utah state commission last week recommended that sales tax earmarks for roads and water be eliminated in advance of budget planning. Good idea? Bad idea?
- New poll: Last week during President Obama’s State of the Union, he pushed for what he called a “21st Century Transportation System.” However, he did not go into specifics. What do you think he means?
- New poll: The sequester cuts has the House of Reps considering a bill that will drop the level of funding for the U.S. DOT in FY 2014. The Senate's version keeps the spending rate flat. Do you think there will be a cut in U.S. DOT budget?