Bill Wilson is the editorial director of ROADS & BRIDGES magazine and has been covering the industry since 1999. He has won seven Robert F. Boger Awards for editorial excellence, including three in 2011. He also was the creator of the Top 10, Contractor's Choice Awards and Recycling Awards platforms, as well as ROADS & BRIDGES Live.
NEW POLL: President Trump's budget calls for an end to the TIGER grant program. How successful do you think this program has been?
- NEW POLL: California now has two pilot programs that will use generators embedded in pavement to produce energy (like turbines and solar panels). Traffic on the road would feed the generators. Do you think this technology looks promising?
- New poll: A seven-way intersection in East Longmeadow, Mass., is in the Guinness Book of World Records for being the most dangerous in the U.S. It averages an accident a day. It has been this way for years. Are you surprised the problem has not been fixed
- New poll: There is now a plan in place to fix the massive S.R. 99 tunnel-boring machine, which has been at a standstill since January. Do you think there will be any more major delays during the tunnel boring?
- New poll: Pa. Auditor General Eugene DePasquale said he was going to closely monitor how the recently passed $2.3B transpo funding package is spent. He believes much of the spending needs to be for bridge repair. How do you think this will be enforced?
- New poll: Last week during President Obama’s State of the Union, he pushed for what he called a “21st Century Transportation System.” However, he did not go into specifics. What do you think he means?