Bill Wilson is the editorial director of ROADS & BRIDGES magazine and has been covering the industry since 1999. He has won seven Robert F. Boger Awards for editorial excellence, including three in 2011. He also was the creator of the Top 10, Contractor's Choice Awards and Recycling Awards platforms, as well as ROADS & BRIDGES Live.
New poll: Paid bridge tours continue to increase in popularity across the U.S. How much would people be willing to pay for a 1-on-1 tour of a major span in your area?
Blog Entry August 03, 2015
- NEW POLL: The 2016 election will include a record-breaking 70 transportation ballot measures across the U.S. If all pass, an expected $175 billion would be added in new transportation investments. Will a majority of these measures pass?
- New poll: A TRIP/USA Today report reveals roads and bridges are in worse condition after the $27 billion in stimulus funding. Do you believe this is the case in your area?
- New poll: Pa. Auditor General Eugene DePasquale said he was going to closely monitor how the recently passed $2.3B transpo funding package is spent. He believes much of the spending needs to be for bridge repair. How do you think this will be enforced?
- New poll: The new San Francisco-Oakland Bay Bridge was supposed to handle more traffic, and four weeks in congestion is clogging the new artery. More people are back to work in the area, so do you see this problem continuing?
- New poll: The California legislature is close to approving the use of computer-controlled cars out on the road. How much will an electronic brain behind the wheel improve safety?