Bill Wilson is the editorial director of ROADS & BRIDGES magazine and has been covering the industry since 1999. He has won seven Robert F. Boger Awards for editorial excellence, including three in 2011. He also was the creator of the Top 10, Contractor's Choice Awards and Recycling Awards platforms, as well as ROADS & BRIDGES Live.
New poll: Officials were ready to delay the opening of the new Bay Bridge until a sudden solution was proposed. The repair calls for crews to shim seismic bearings with steel plates, and it would complete the span by Labor Day. Would you consider it?
Blog Entry July 14, 2013
- New poll: New York has decided to demolish the existing Tappan Zee Bridge once the new one is complete. Some were hoping it would be converted to a green walkway. Do you agree with the decision to demo it?
- New poll: Ohio Gov. John Kasich said if the Ohio Turnpike was privatized practices like holding winter-maintenance workers in hotels until the weather turns bad would be stopped. Do you believe they will?
- NEW POLL: The Nielsville Bridge in Minnesota, which has a large hole in the bridge deck, was denied TIGER grant money. Officials were told usually first-time applicants are rejected. Should they have made an exception?
- New poll: The new San Francisco-Oakland Bay Bridge was supposed to handle more traffic, and four weeks in congestion is clogging the new artery. More people are back to work in the area, so do you see this problem continuing?
- New poll: The Colorado DOT ended a pilot program on I-25 that consisted of a dedicated direct lane for thru traffic. It was somewhat successful, but too many motorists were weaving in and out. With more research, does this sound promising?