Bill Wilson is the editorial director of ROADS & BRIDGES magazine and has been covering the industry since 1999. He has won seven Robert F. Boger Awards for editorial excellence, including three in 2011. He also was the creator of the Top 10, Contractor's Choice Awards and Recycling Awards platforms, as well as ROADS & BRIDGES Live.
New poll: Officials at the local level in Kane County, Ill., are willing to charge a toll to cross a bridge that is not part of the interstate or a state route. Do you agree?
Blog Entry January 28, 2013
- New poll: A few Va. lawmakers want to erase a new $64 road tax on those who operate hybrid or electric vehicles. Their argument is those who drive green are doing their part to save the environment, and should not be charged. Do you agree?
- NEW POLL: Democratic members of the House T&I Committee recently challenged Secretary Chao’s claim that transportation investments need more project streamlining and that regulations are to blame for the nation’s crumbling infrastructure. Do you agree?
- New poll: According to the U.S. PIRG Education Fund, an increasing number of young Americans are making the decision to drive less. Some state lawmakers are saying a shift in strategy, one that supports transit and bike lanes, is needed. Do you agree?
- New poll: Studies indicate that motorists in Seattle would divert to other routes if tolls for the new Highway 99 tunnel are $2.50 during peak times. Money needs to be generated for the project. Should lawmakers stick with the $2.50 charge?
- Stearns Road Bridge opens in Kane County, Ill.