Bill Wilson is the editorial director of ROADS & BRIDGES magazine and has been covering the industry since 1999. He has won seven Robert F. Boger Awards for editorial excellence, including three in 2011. He also was the creator of the Top 10, Contractor's Choice Awards and Recycling Awards platforms, as well as ROADS & BRIDGES Live.
New poll: ODOT used green strobe lights on the back of their snowplows this winter to help improve traffic safety. Do you think others should adopt this change in color?
Blog Entry May 12, 2014
- New poll: House Speaker John Boehner will be stepping down this month. Do you think a change in House leadership will help pass a long-term highway bill?
- New poll: A few Va. lawmakers want to erase a new $64 road tax on those who operate hybrid or electric vehicles. Their argument is those who drive green are doing their part to save the environment, and should not be charged. Do you agree?
- New poll: North Carolina passed a law last week that bans transgenders from using bathrooms and locker rooms that do not match their original gender. In response, U.S. DOT threatened the loss of federal highway funds. Should the U.S. DOT make this threat?
- New poll: New York’s new Tappan Zee Bridge just received the largest TIFIA loan in history ($1.6 billion). Do you think the federal government should commit this much money to one project, or spread it out more?
- New poll: The Hampton Roads (Va.) region is considering using casinos instead of tolls to generate money for transportation. The bill passed a Senate subcommittee last week. Do you think this is a good idea?