Bill Wilson is the editorial director of ROADS & BRIDGES magazine and has been covering the industry since 1999. He has won seven Robert F. Boger Awards for editorial excellence, including three in 2011. He also was the creator of the Top 10, Contractor's Choice Awards and Recycling Awards platforms, as well as ROADS & BRIDGES Live.
NEW POLL: Obama, after signing the Fast Act, said more is still needed. Will Congress go further to shore up road & bridge funding, or is their job done (for now)?
Blog Entry December 14, 2015
- FUNDING: Senate passes FAST Act, sends it to President Obama
- NEW POLL: A recent Senate proposal would strip away $2.2B in highway program funds. Would doing so effectively hamstring the FAST Act, and what will it take for Congress to finally accept the necessity of ample road/bridge funding?
- New poll: Despite the passage of the FAST Act, many state DOTs are still hurting for highway funding. Can we expect to see another round of state gas tax and user fee increases?
- NEW POLL: Congress is considering rescinding $2.2B in contract authority for state DOTs as of Oct. 1. Would this quash FAST Act gains, or do states just need to prioritize?
- Ray LaHood reacts to Obama's signing of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act