Bill Wilson is the editorial director of ROADS & BRIDGES magazine and has been covering the industry since 1999. He has won seven Robert F. Boger Awards for editorial excellence, including three in 2011. He also was the creator of the Top 10, Contractor's Choice Awards and Recycling Awards platforms, as well as ROADS & BRIDGES Live.
NEW POLL: The Nielsville Bridge in Minnesota, which has a large hole in the bridge deck, was denied TIGER grant money. Officials were told usually first-time applicants are rejected. Should they have made an exception?
Blog Entry August 15, 2016
- New poll: If you were considering moving to a new city, which travel mode would you be most likely to research before the move?
- New poll: Officials were ready to delay the opening of the new Bay Bridge until a sudden solution was proposed. The repair calls for crews to shim seismic bearings with steel plates, and it would complete the span by Labor Day. Would you consider it?
- New poll: The Colorado DOT ended a pilot program on I-25 that consisted of a dedicated direct lane for thru traffic. It was somewhat successful, but too many motorists were weaving in and out. With more research, does this sound promising?
- New poll: Were you surprised to see how quickly the federal multiyear highway bill was signed into law?
- New poll: The owner of Detroit's Ambassador Bridge was thrown in jail for failure to complete a portion of the Gateway Project, which would alleviate truck traffic on local routes. Did the judge make the right decision?