Bill Wilson is the editorial director of ROADS & BRIDGES magazine and has been covering the industry since 1999. He has won seven Robert F. Boger Awards for editorial excellence, including three in 2011. He also was the creator of the Top 10, Contractor's Choice Awards and Recycling Awards platforms, as well as ROADS & BRIDGES Live.
New poll: The new Mississippi River Bridge could be named in halves. Missouri passed a bill to name it the Stan Musial Bridge. Illinois, however, wants to name its half the Veterans’ Memorial Bridge. Do you agree with the two names?
Blog Entry May 13, 2013
- New poll: John Baxter at FHWA said MAP-21 will contain metrics for states to follow regarding road and bridge conditions on the interstate and NHS. However, there is no penalty for non-compliance. Should there be?
- New poll: Last week during President Obama’s State of the Union, he pushed for what he called a “21st Century Transportation System.” However, he did not go into specifics. What do you think he means?
- The New Mississippi River Project-- Connecting Missouri to Illinois
- BRIDGES: Veterans Memorial Bridge opens in Portland, Maine
- New poll: The state of New York is seeking a $2 billion federal loan to reconstruct the Tappan Zee Bridge. The total price of the project could exceed $6 billion, but a good chunck would go towards expanding the span. Is this a wise move?