Bill Wilson is the editorial director of ROADS & BRIDGES magazine and has been covering the industry since 1999. He has won seven Robert F. Boger Awards for editorial excellence, including three in 2011. He also was the creator of the Top 10, Contractor's Choice Awards and Recycling Awards platforms, as well as ROADS & BRIDGES Live.
New poll: A new law in Connecticut will force drivers speeding through work zones to take a retraining program. It also commits $100,000 a year for an increase in state police presence in work zones. Will the law slow drivers down?
Blog Entry October 21, 2013
- ConExpo-Con/Agg tips 100,000; activity high
- NEW POLL: Louisiana will be the first state to install GPS on all state-owned vehicles. Police officers are increasingly being outfitted with body cameras. What does it say about our state-run agencies that constant monitoring is required?
- New poll: Transportation Secretary Foxx is nearing the end of his Invest in America, Commit to the Future bus tour. Will this trip significantly aid MAP-21 reauthorization?
- NEW POLL: The U.S. Senate will not entertain discussions of a 6-year transportation bill until after the Trust Fund dries up. What does this mean in terms of federal commitment to and understanding of infrastructure investment?
- WORK-ZONE SAFETY: New app alerts drivers to construction zones