Bill Wilson is the editorial director of ROADS & BRIDGES magazine and has been covering the industry since 1999. He has won seven Robert F. Boger Awards for editorial excellence, including three in 2011. He also was the creator of the Top 10, Contractor's Choice Awards and Recycling Awards platforms, as well as ROADS & BRIDGES Live.
NEW POLL: Nevada and New Mexico DOTs have fallen victim to an email scam. Both transferred funds electronically after receiving an email from what was thought to be a vendor. Do you think DOTs do enough in terms of cyber security?
- NEW POLL: Both a GOP Senator and and a House Democrat offered separate transportation proposals last week that included shoring up revenues for the Highway Trust Fund beyond 2020. Which proposal is the stronger solution?
- NEW POLL: President Trump's budget calls for an end to the TIGER grant program. How successful do you think this program has been?
- NEW POLL: California now has two pilot programs that will use generators embedded in pavement to produce energy (like turbines and solar panels). Traffic on the road would feed the generators. Do you think this technology looks promising?
- WINTER MAINTENANCE: New pavement sensors helping Arizona DOT identify and address ice before it forms
- SAFETY: ATSSA receives federal grant for roadway worker training