Bill Wilson is the editorial director of ROADS & BRIDGES magazine and has been covering the industry since 1999. He has won seven Robert F. Boger Awards for editorial excellence, including three in 2011. He also was the creator of the Top 10, Contractor's Choice Awards and Recycling Awards platforms, as well as ROADS & BRIDGES Live.
NEW POLL: The Minnesota DOT plans to employ UAVs for bridge inspections. Will removing the human element better or worsen the quality and thoroughness of inspections?
Blog Entry October 26, 2015
- NEW POLL: The FAA estimates 7 million drones in the skies by 2020, 500K of which will be there for “commercial” purposes. What if any impact will could this have on traffic management and congestion-related issues?
- NEW POLL: The N.J. state Senate is expected to vote as early as next week on a plan to raise the gas tax to 23 cents per gallon and restart road and bridge projects statewide. Will the plan pass?
- NEW POLL: The N.J. state Senate is expected to vote as early as next week on a plan to raise the gas tax to 23 cents per gallon and restart road, bridge and rail projects statewide. Will the plan pass?
- New poll: An innovative new robot is being deployed by the U.S. DOT's Federal Highway Administration to help inspect the safety and structural integrity of concrete bridge decks. Is machine better than man to execute this task?
- New poll: Grandmaster Garry Kasparov developed “advanced chess” to take advantage of the strengths of both human and computer chess players. The human consults a chess computer but decides on the move. Is this a model for a smarter semiautonomous vehicle?