Bill Wilson is the editorial director of ROADS & BRIDGES magazine and has been covering the industry since 1999. He has won seven Robert F. Boger Awards for editorial excellence, including three in 2011. He also was the creator of the Top 10, Contractor's Choice Awards and Recycling Awards platforms, as well as ROADS & BRIDGES Live.
New poll: The Michigan State Senate passed a measure that does not require a human to operate driverless vehicles during testing on public roads. Does this seem safe?
- New poll: The Illinois House has approved legislation that would require motorists to obey school-zone speed limits whenever a child is present—not just during school hours. Do you agree with this measure?
- NEW POLL: According to preliminary figures, NHTSA estimates a 7.7% increase in traffic deaths during 2015, attributing 94% of crashes to human error. What does this mean for driver-assist technology?
- NEW POLL: Several states are presently working on bills to expand driverless cars beyond test phases, yet addressing infrastructure requirements and awareness lags behind. Is this progress or a case of the cart before the horse?
- New poll: There is a proposal in Wisconsin that would require approval from local officials before a roundabout can be constructed. Are you in favor of this measure?
- NEW POLL: Ill. Governor Rauner’s 6-year budget would cut transportation funding more than $200 million, essentially negating the idea of large new projects in the state during that period. What will Illinois roads look like in 2021 if this passes?