NEW POLL: Mass. governor Baker recently opposed a Fed-sponsored vehicle-miles traveled tax pilot program. Bad choice? Would this not be a sound alternative to a gas tax boost for generating state revenue?
- FUNDING: Nevada debates vehicle-miles tax with $38 million gas tax drop looming
- NEW POLL: Vt. Transportation Secretary Sue Minter stated that a vehicle miles traveled tax deserves serious study as an alternative to the gas tax no one wants to take responsibility for. Would such a tax be viable nationwide?
- NEW POLL: A recent study found that roundabout intersections are safer, but Americans are reluctant to embrace them. Would you be opposed to seeing more roundabout intersections knowing they are the safer option compared to traditional intersections?
- New poll: The Texas DOT is considering killing tolls on its highways, in effort to assuage present congestion while seeking alternate sources for the $5 billion it needs to effect real change by 2020. Good idea? Bad idea?
- New poll: The investment group that owns the Chicago Skyway recently put it up for sale after having it for just over a decade. Is this a bad sign for P3s in the U.S.?