NEW POLL: Maryland is considering a fine for drivers who linger in the left-hand lane on state highways, as a means of improving traffic congestion. Is this a good idea and could it actually have a positive affect on traffic?
- New poll: The Texas DOT is considering killing tolls on its highways, in effort to assuage present congestion while seeking alternate sources for the $5 billion it needs to effect real change by 2020. Good idea? Bad idea?
- ROADS/BRIDGES: NC bill would allow drivers to avoid $250 fine in highway work zones where no workers are present
- NEW POLL: According to preliminary figures, NHTSA estimates a 7.7% increase in traffic deaths during 2015, attributing 94% of crashes to human error. What does this mean for driver-assist technology?
- Maryland DOT teams with Dept. of Agriculture on driver/farmer road sharing safety
- New poll: According to a new study, driverless cars like the one being developed by Google might actually increase energy use and traffic because people who now take public transit will make the switch. Do you agree?