Bill Wilson is the editorial director of ROADS & BRIDGES magazine and has been covering the industry since 1999. He has won seven Robert F. Boger Awards for editorial excellence, including three in 2011. He also was the creator of the Top 10, Contractor's Choice Awards and Recycling Awards platforms, as well as ROADS & BRIDGES Live.
New poll: Iowa lawmakers met halfway on covering DOT salary increases in their new fiscal budget, approving $4.85 million of the $9.7 million requested. Should the agency be entitled to the full portion?
Blog Entry May 02, 2016
- New poll: A few Va. lawmakers want to erase a new $64 road tax on those who operate hybrid or electric vehicles. Their argument is those who drive green are doing their part to save the environment, and should not be charged. Do you agree?
- New poll: Lawmakers in Massachusetts increased the gas tax last year, but last week voters repealed the action of indexing the gas tax to inflation. The state will lose millions. What is the chance the tax will be upped again to make up the difference?
- New poll: The state of South Carolina has come under criticism lately for its state infrastructure bank. Regions that have the inability to provide matching funds are not receiving the aid. Should they still be entitled to receive money from the bank?
- NEW POLL: The New Hampshire DOT is putting a halt on rumble striping after some residents opposed them, despite their safety success. Should the NHDOT appease their complaints or press forward with striping anyway?
- New poll: The owner of Detroit's Ambassador Bridge was thrown in jail for failure to complete a portion of the Gateway Project, which would alleviate truck traffic on local routes. Did the judge make the right decision?