Bill Wilson is the editorial director of ROADS & BRIDGES magazine and has been covering the industry since 1999. He has won seven Robert F. Boger Awards for editorial excellence, including three in 2011. He also was the creator of the Top 10, Contractor's Choice Awards and Recycling Awards platforms, as well as ROADS & BRIDGES Live.
New poll: An innovative new robot is being deployed by the U.S. DOT's Federal Highway Administration to help inspect the safety and structural integrity of concrete bridge decks. Is machine better than man to execute this task?
Blog Entry May 20, 2013
- New poll: On Jan. 1, the amount of pretax income transit riders can set aside to pay fares will drop to $130; the amount drivers can set aside for parking will jump to $250. Is that fair? Should car commuters get a better tax deal than transit commuters?
- New poll: The highway bill being mulled over by the Senate is a six-year bill, but as of now there will only be enough funding to cover three years. Is this still better than another funding extension?
- BRIDGE INSPECTION: FHWA deploys robot to collect bridge information
- New poll: Which has a better chance of passing to help transportation funding in Iowa: a 10-cent increase in the gas tax, a tax on marijuana and fireworks or earmarking 2% of the state general fund?
- NEW POLL: As the new administration develops a plan for funding infrastructure, tolling advocates want Trump and Congress to consider lifting the ban on tolling interstates. Should tolling be part of the plan to bring in funding?