New poll: Innovation NewsBriefs has suggested that the public sees no signs of crumbling infrastructure and is skeptical of alarmist calls for more infrastructure spending. Do you agree?
Blog Entry April 08, 2013
- NEW POLL: Democratic members of the House T&I Committee recently challenged Secretary Chao’s claim that transportation investments need more project streamlining and that regulations are to blame for the nation’s crumbling infrastructure. Do you agree?
- New poll: The Washington state Senate rejected a proposal that would have raised the gas tax 10.5 cents and generated $10 billion. Senators would like the bill to focus more on congestion relief. Do you agree?
- New poll: The Virginia Supreme Court has agreed to hear an appeal of a Portsmouth judge’s ruling that claims tolls on public-private ventures are considered a tax and must be approved by the state’s General Assembly. How do you think the court will rule?
- New poll: Calif. Gov. Jerry Brown vetoed a bill that would have turned a carpool lane on I-80 to a normal one during a.m. and p.m. rush hours. He claimed the bill goes in the wrong direction. Do you agree?
- New poll: Officials at the local level in Kane County, Ill., are willing to charge a toll to cross a bridge that is not part of the interstate or a state route. Do you agree?