Bill Wilson is the editorial director of ROADS & BRIDGES magazine and has been covering the industry since 1999. He has won seven Robert F. Boger Awards for editorial excellence, including three in 2011. He also was the creator of the Top 10, Contractor's Choice Awards and Recycling Awards platforms, as well as ROADS & BRIDGES Live.
New poll: The Illinois House has approved legislation that would require motorists to obey school-zone speed limits whenever a child is present—not just during school hours. Do you agree with this measure?
Blog Entry April 22, 2013
- New poll: Calif. Gov. Jerry Brown vetoed a bill that would have turned a carpool lane on I-80 to a normal one during a.m. and p.m. rush hours. He claimed the bill goes in the wrong direction. Do you agree?
- New poll: There is a proposal in Wisconsin that would require approval from local officials before a roundabout can be constructed. Are you in favor of this measure?
- New poll: A bill that would have allowed solo drivers in southern Calif. to use car-pool lanes during off-peak hours was rejected, even though it is allowed in northern Calif. The governor cited environmental and freeway-use concerns. Do you agree?
- New poll: The Michigan State Senate passed a measure that does not require a human to operate driverless vehicles during testing on public roads. Does this seem safe?
- New poll: Studies indicate that motorists in Seattle would divert to other routes if tolls for the new Highway 99 tunnel are $2.50 during peak times. Money needs to be generated for the project. Should lawmakers stick with the $2.50 charge?