Bill Wilson is the editorial director of ROADS & BRIDGES magazine and has been covering the industry since 1999. He has won seven Robert F. Boger Awards for editorial excellence, including three in 2011. He also was the creator of the Top 10, Contractor's Choice Awards and Recycling Awards platforms, as well as ROADS & BRIDGES Live.
NEW POLL: How close are we to seeing autonomous vehicles handling grading operations on the jobsite?
- NEW POLL: The Texas Transportation Institute recently polled Austin residents on the imminence of self-driving cars and got a 50/50 split. Are self-driving cars in your future?
- NEW POLL: Several states are presently working on bills to expand driverless cars beyond test phases, yet addressing infrastructure requirements and awareness lags behind. Is this progress or a case of the cart before the horse?
- New poll: The new San Francisco-Oakland Bay Bridge was supposed to handle more traffic, and four weeks in congestion is clogging the new artery. More people are back to work in the area, so do you see this problem continuing?
- NEW POLL: A recent study found that roundabout intersections are safer, but Americans are reluctant to embrace them. Would you be opposed to seeing more roundabout intersections knowing they are the safer option compared to traditional intersections?
- NEW POLL: Speculation has it that the application of autonomous vehicles in major cities will eventually make the need for mass transit largely irrelevant. True, false, or apples & oranges?