Bill Wilson is the editorial director of ROADS & BRIDGES magazine and has been covering the industry since 1999. He has won seven Robert F. Boger Awards for editorial excellence, including three in 2011. He also was the creator of the Top 10, Contractor's Choice Awards and Recycling Awards platforms, as well as ROADS & BRIDGES Live.
New poll: The group Smart Growth America and Taxpayers for Common Sense claims states have been dedicating more dollars to capacity expansion than highway maintenance. Is this the case where you live?
Blog Entry March 18, 2014
- NEW POLL: As states begin to receive FAST Act cash, where should the bulk of those dollars be directed going into winter?
- New poll: Rather than use $300 million to maintain its road and bridge network, Minnesota is going to use the funds to add capacity in 2014. The state is looking at a deep backlog of repair/rehab projects. Do you agree?
- New poll: An early report on I-405 in Washington says the general-purpose lanes have been more congested since HOV tolling went into effect in September. DOT officials believe the sample size of the report is too small. Do you agree?
- New poll: Wrong-way accidents have been on the rise in Illinois. Is this a national trend? Should something be done?
- New poll: Concerns have been raised about the Trump administration’s plans for funding road and bridge projects in rural areas through P3s, as lower-populated areas may struggle to generate revenue. Are P3s a good solution for rural projects?