Bill Wilson is the editorial director of ROADS & BRIDGES magazine and has been covering the industry since 1999. He has won seven Robert F. Boger Awards for editorial excellence, including three in 2011. He also was the creator of the Top 10, Contractor's Choice Awards and Recycling Awards platforms, as well as ROADS & BRIDGES Live.
New poll: A group of Maryland lawmakers want to place an amendment on the November ballot that would eliminate a state law that triggers increases in the gas tax when inflation rises. If it does make it on the ballot, will voters approve?
Blog Entry August 19, 2013
- New poll: Lawmakers in Massachusetts increased the gas tax last year, but last week voters repealed the action of indexing the gas tax to inflation. The state will lose millions. What is the chance the tax will be upped again to make up the difference?
- New poll: The Reason Foundation continued its push for value-added tolling, releasing a framework for the system that calls for safeguards that would eliminate state/agency abuse. Do you think this is possible?
- New poll: The Michigan State Senate passed a measure that does not require a human to operate driverless vehicles during testing on public roads. Does this seem safe?
- New poll: Mass. lawmakers filled a transpo plan with earmarks in order to force the hand of the governor to spend the money on targeted local projects. MAP-21 gives states flexibility to spend where they want, so do you see the same tactic being used?
- New poll: Now that Missouri voters have rejected a slight increase in the state sales tax to generate more money for road and bridge work, what should be the next move?