NEW POLL: Federal Transit Administration data has shown that mass transit systems across the U.S. are underperforming, contributing to increased traffic congestion. What will it take for transit to become a widespread alternative to single-car driving?
- NEW POLL: Maryland is considering a fine for drivers who linger in the left-hand lane on state highways, as a means of improving traffic congestion. Is this a good idea and could it actually have a positive affect on traffic?
- LAW: Democratic congressman unveils bill for one-penny increase in gas tax
- NEW POLL: Urban planning consultant Brent Toderian believes city planners should prioritize when shaping their transportation plan, and walking, biking and transit should rank well ahead of single-occupancy vehicles. Do you agree?
- INTELLIGENT TRANSPORTATION: Federal mobility data helps state, local governments make more ITS
- TRAFFIC SAFETY: NCDOT plans to eliminate some rail crossings