Bill Wilson is the editorial director of ROADS & BRIDGES magazine and has been covering the industry since 1999. He has won seven Robert F. Boger Awards for editorial excellence, including three in 2011. He also was the creator of the Top 10, Contractor's Choice Awards and Recycling Awards platforms, as well as ROADS & BRIDGES Live.
NEW POLL: A federal judge has requested revision of the steel exception to Buy America that would allow products with less than 90% steel to be imported. Good move? Bad move?
Blog Entry January 04, 2016
- ROADS/BRIDGES: Federal judge clashes with FHWA over Buy America steel exemption
- New poll: Soon portions of I-40 and I-440 in Raleigh, N.C., will be reconstructed. The N.C. DOT allowed motorists to name the construction movement. The winning title was “Crawleigh.” Was this a good move?
- New poll: The state of New York is seeking a $2 billion federal loan to reconstruct the Tappan Zee Bridge. The total price of the project could exceed $6 billion, but a good chunck would go towards expanding the span. Is this a wise move?
- New poll: Obama’s transportation plan, sent to Congress last week, would allow tolling of interstates to pay for repair or replacement. Is that a good idea?
- New poll: If you were considering moving to a new city, which travel mode would you be most likely to research before the move?