Bill Wilson is the editorial director of ROADS & BRIDGES magazine and has been covering the industry since 1999. He has won seven Robert F. Boger Awards for editorial excellence, including three in 2011. He also was the creator of the Top 10, Contractor's Choice Awards and Recycling Awards platforms, as well as ROADS & BRIDGES Live.
NEW POLL: The Federal Aviation Administration recently granted a Section 333 exemption to a Wisconsin-based firm to operate drones in construction work zones. How valuable is drone-gathered data to the average major construction zone?
Blog Entry July 20, 2015
- DRONES: FAA tops 1,000 drone use exemptions for nonmilitary use
- New poll: The FAA recently approved more than 1,000 exemption requests for commercial UAV use. Can we expect lenient final regs in 2016?
- New poll: A recent Illinois DOT analysis has indicated certain bridges on Chicago’s Lake Shore Drive are “intolerable” and have “advanced deterioration” and “significant section loss.” There are no plans to repair or replace them. Does this surprise you?
- WORK-ZONE SAFETY: Tappan Zee Bridge project safer than national average
- A “Ray” of light amidst gathering clouds