Bill Wilson is the editorial director of ROADS & BRIDGES magazine and has been covering the industry since 1999. He has won seven Robert F. Boger Awards for editorial excellence, including three in 2011. He also was the creator of the Top 10, Contractor's Choice Awards and Recycling Awards platforms, as well as ROADS & BRIDGES Live.
NEW POLL: Despite federal support, many states, such as Illinois, are looking to cut Amtrak funding. As a national service, should Amtrak receive priority regarding transit funding initiatives?
Blog Entry May 04, 2015
- New poll: Despite the passage of the FAST Act, many state DOTs are still hurting for highway funding. Can we expect to see another round of state gas tax and user fee increases?
- NEW POLL: Despite what looks to be confirmation of a long-term federal funding bill, states such as Alabama are still trying to implement state-level gas tax increases to pay for roads and bridges. Is this a wise or necessary means...?
- TRANSIT: Illinois Gov. Rauner looks to cut $16M from Amtrak funding
- New poll: The North Carolina DOT is now using a “data-driven” process to determine which road or bridge project will receive funding. Rather than allowing politicians to make decisions, a scoring system is used. Are you surprised more states are not doing
- New poll: Going off the financial cliff could create an 8% cut in highway and bridge funding. What action do you think Congress will take?