Bill Wilson is the editorial director of ROADS & BRIDGES magazine and has been covering the industry since 1999. He has won seven Robert F. Boger Awards for editorial excellence, including three in 2011. He also was the creator of the Top 10, Contractor's Choice Awards and Recycling Awards platforms, as well as ROADS & BRIDGES Live.
NEW POLL: California transit agencies say the U.S. Department of Labor is blocking as much as $1 billion in vital grants unless the agencies agree to violate a state public employee pension reform law. Bartering or blackmail?
Blog Entry August 24, 2015
- New poll: A Chicago Tribune report revealed the Illinois Tollway paid overtime to 75% of its employees in 2011. Should the agency take aim to reduce such payouts?
- New poll: The California legislature is close to approving the use of computer-controlled cars out on the road. How much will an electronic brain behind the wheel improve safety?
- New poll: Transurban, principle shareholder and owner of I-495 in Virginia, recently reported a net loss of $11.3 million on the newly tolled route. Transurban says the next six months will present a much clearer picture. What do you predict?
- New poll: An early report on I-405 in Washington says the general-purpose lanes have been more congested since HOV tolling went into effect in September. DOT officials believe the sample size of the report is too small. Do you agree?
- New poll: According to the U.S. PIRG Education Fund, an increasing number of young Americans are making the decision to drive less. Some state lawmakers are saying a shift in strategy, one that supports transit and bike lanes, is needed. Do you agree?