Bill Wilson is the editorial director of ROADS & BRIDGES magazine and has been covering the industry since 1999. He has won seven Robert F. Boger Awards for editorial excellence, including three in 2011. He also was the creator of the Top 10, Contractor's Choice Awards and Recycling Awards platforms, as well as ROADS & BRIDGES Live.
New poll: Atlanta Mayor Kasim Reed believes granting cities the proper resources and authority will help address the future transportation needs of the U.S. Do you agree?
Blog Entry January 27, 2014
- NEW POLL: Urban planning consultant Brent Toderian believes city planners should prioritize when shaping their transportation plan, and walking, biking and transit should rank well ahead of single-occupancy vehicles. Do you agree?
- New poll: An early report on I-405 in Washington says the general-purpose lanes have been more congested since HOV tolling went into effect in September. DOT officials believe the sample size of the report is too small. Do you agree?
- New poll: Illinois Sen. Dick Durbin believes the only way to pass a long-term highway bill is to bring back earmarks. Do you agree?
- New poll: U.S. 34 in Colo. was hit hard by the September flood, and opened two weeks ahead of schedule. CDOT is now considering a long-term fix for the road to prevent future flood damage, and an overlay is being discussed. Do you agree?
- New poll: According to the U.S. PIRG Education Fund, an increasing number of young Americans are making the decision to drive less. Some state lawmakers are saying a shift in strategy, one that supports transit and bike lanes, is needed. Do you agree?