Bill Wilson is the editorial director of ROADS & BRIDGES magazine and has been covering the industry since 1999. He has won seven Robert F. Boger Awards for editorial excellence, including three in 2011. He also was the creator of the Top 10, Contractor's Choice Awards and Recycling Awards platforms, as well as ROADS & BRIDGES Live.
New poll: All of the lights in the Big Dig tunnels will be replaced after it was discovered that a design/manufacturer defect led to premature corrosion. Is this the last of the major issues stemming from this project?
- New poll: The Washington State DOT has discovered an 8-in.-diam. pipe that blocked the tunnel boring machine digging the S.R. 99 tunnel beneath Seattle. Do you think this is the beginning of unforeseeable delays that will drive up the cost of the tunnel?
- Big Dig tunnel lights ordered to be replaced due to design/manufacturing flaw
- Sinkhole discovered under Big Dig tunnel
- New poll: Soon portions of I-40 and I-440 in Raleigh, N.C., will be reconstructed. The N.C. DOT allowed motorists to name the construction movement. The winning title was “Crawleigh.” Was this a good move?
- Big Dig tunnel light incident kept from Mass. transportation chief