Bill Wilson is the editorial director of ROADS & BRIDGES magazine and has been covering the industry since 1999. He has won seven Robert F. Boger Awards for editorial excellence, including three in 2011. He also was the creator of the Top 10, Contractor's Choice Awards and Recycling Awards platforms, as well as ROADS & BRIDGES Live.
New poll: The Active Transportation Alliance wants the city of Chicago to close certain downtown routes to cars in an attempt to create a better environment. What do you think of the idea?
Blog Entry February 17, 2014
- NEW POLL: OSHA’s new Recommended Practices for Safety and Health Programs in Construction offers resources to create a safe work environment. What safety practices are most important in the industry?
- New poll: The Hampton Roads (Va.) region is considering using casinos instead of tolls to generate money for transportation. The bill passed a Senate subcommittee last week. Do you think this is a good idea?
- New poll: If the state of Maine is relying on private investment to fuel a proposed 220-mile east-west route, what do you think are the chances the project gets off the ground?
- New poll: The Texas DOT is considering killing tolls on its highways, in effort to assuage present congestion while seeking alternate sources for the $5 billion it needs to effect real change by 2020. Good idea? Bad idea?
- New poll: Going off the financial cliff could create an 8% cut in highway and bridge funding. What action do you think Congress will take?